Making videos is hard!!!!










First of all, let me just say that I have a whole new respect for people who do the tutorial videos. If I had continued in my efforts, this card would not be on here till next year sometime. So I hope my pictures and explanations will make sense.

The small purple paper flowers and leaves were cut out with my Cricut and SCAL files. I then inked the edges of the flowers with Plum Purple and the edges of the leaves with Garden Green. I used a bone folder to create the "veins" in the leaves. LOVE how they turned out and will definitely be doing that a lot more.

So on to the organdy flowers. These were done with the CTMH organdy ribbon.

I've used the red thread for contrast but of course you are going to want to use the same color as your ribbon.

I use about 18" of ribbon for these flowers.

1) Bend over a small amount of ribbon to make a tail.
2) Start a simple gathering stitch
3) continue the gathering stitch all the way across, gathering it as you go
4) When you get to the end, bend over another small amount of ribbon for an end tail
5) Now slowly push ribbon up the thread to make your flower, pinching the two tails together
6) Put a couple of stitches through the two tails to hold it together and you've got a flower!

I use hot glue to attach these to my card.

As always thanks for coming by for a visit and please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. I will be doing a blog give away very soon for all my followers, so if you like my blog, follow along with me!

Thanks again!!

4 comments:

Debbie B said...

I love how you made these flowers!!! I'm going to try to make some of these. Thanks for the instructions!!

Debbie

Jenn Joncas said...

Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous Tiffany!! When my scrap room is put together I will definitely give them a try (:

Leslie said...

These beautiful purple flowers really caught my eye. Thanks for sharing your how-to. Happy new year.
Leslie

Metairie Energy Audit said...

Great blog I enjooyed reading

Post a Comment